Principal Consultant at the Piccadilly Group.
Mark brings a wealth of experience in Software Testing, Quality Assurance and Project Management to help deliver
related practice and research to engagements in a way that will bring the most benefit to the client's business.
For over twelve years he has built a reputation for providing pragmatic and professional solutions to exceed operational
and commercial expectations.
Mark has been a senior consultant at several London test consultancies, has headed testing teams and delivered hands on testing with a number of global companies including; AOL (UK) Ltd,
EA Inc., lastminute.com and Rolls-Royce. In various roles clients have included Zurich Financial, London Stock Exchange, Deutsche Bank, Citi, Barclays, Lloyds and Microsoft.
Mark's areas of expertise include:
- Establishing and executing agile testing with a focus on Exploratory techniques and Test Heuristics
- Pre-sales and post-sales consultancy covering assessment of testing needs and development of test solutions
- Hiring, Establishing and Developing the Test Team
- Defining the Test Function and Strategy, maturing delivery of testing services
- Integrating and aligning Quality and Testing strategy with the business and technical functions
- Improving ROI from testing and quality with a focus on lean and efficient test processes
- A focus on achieving commercial and operational objectives through leadership and collaboration
- Training, teaching and mentoring team members at all levels and teams within organisations
Earlier in his career Mark focused on Quality Assurance and qualified as a Lead
Assessor for ISO9000 systems. Undertaking training with organisations such as CQI to gain a solid academic grounding in Quality.
Later gaining professional development and formal accreditation in software testing and IT Service Management with organisations
such as ISEB and BCS. These areas of domain knowledge rounded off by training and experience in Project Management through the PMI.
As with most professionals with a passion for testing Mark continues to be involved hands-on during development; testing, writing Test Specifications,
Test Cases and performing execution and reporting. He has a special interest in Security Testing and leads this area of practice within Test Hats. Mark is active in the software testing community, he presents, writes
many papers on testing published here and on sites such as Stickyminds, is the author of several Training Courses and is a regular attendee at industry conventions.
To discuss any areas of Software Testing and Quality Assurance get in touch via LinkedIn
Why not read the blog and make comment on the papers here and other topics discussed?
Examples of other work: